Sealed Bid Opportunity – November 4, 2019
ALL BIDS SUBMITTED MUST CLEARLY SHOW THE BID IN ACCORDANCE TO November 4, 2019 SPECIFICATIONS. PLEASE MARK ON OUTSIDE OF ENVELOPE: "BWJFD Engine / Tanker Bid".
The Big Walnut Joint Fire District, on behalf of the Big Walnut Joint Fire District Fire Board members, is accepting sealed bids for an NFPA 1901 2016 edition compliant Engine / Tanker. All manufacturers shall provide specifications which meet or exceed NFPA 1901 2016 edition, otherwise they will be eliminated from the bidding process. The only exception to any of the provided specifications is if the specification is not outlined in the NFPA 1901 2016 edition. All manufacturers are permitted to provide specifications for demonstration trucks which are already built (but not previously titled) as well as new build trucks.
The bidding period shall begin November 4, 2019 at 8:00am and conclude November 25, 2019 at 4:00pm.
All bids shall be in a sealed envelope, marked “BWJFD Engine / Tanker Bid”, and shall be mailed to the attention of “Capt. Daniel Huddleston” at the following address:
Big Walnut Joint Fire District Fire Station P.O. Box 217 4600 State Route 229 Marengo, OH, 43334.
Big Walnut Joint Fire District will receive sealed bids subject to the conditions stated until 4:00 pm, Monday, November 25, 2019. All bids received according to the specified conditions will be publicly opened and read at 6:30 pm, Monday, November 25, 2019, at the Big Walnut Joint Fire District Fire Station, 4600 State Route 229 Marengo, OH, 43334.
Big Walnut Joint Fire District reserves the right to reject any and all proposals and to waive any technicalities. Bids will be chosen based upon the best and most appropriate bid and not necessarily based upon the lowest bid.
The Big Walnut Joint Fire District is accepting bids for an NFPA 1901 2016 edition compliant Engine/Tanker. All manufacturers shall provide specifications that meet NFPA 1901 2016 edition; otherwise, they will be eliminated from the bidding process. The only exception to any of the following specifications is if the specification is not outlined in NFPA 1901 2016 edition. All manufacturers are permitted to provide specifications for demonstration trucks, as well as new build trucks.
1. The chassis shall be designed as a four-door, commercial or custom cab on a heavy-duty chassis with the appropriate capacity of all loads and equipment.
2. The cab shall seat a minimum of four (4) personnel and have a minimum of three (3) SCBA seats.
3. There shall be a storage compartment with a roll-up door-mounted between the two back passenger seats.
4. There shall be a floor-mounted console between the front seats for mounting of switches and with storage for map books/binders.
5. The length of the vehicle shall not exceed 34’.
6. The width of the vehicle shall not exceed 8’ 6”.
7. The height of the vehicle shall not exceed 10’ 6”.
8. There shall be one (1) 12-volt lighter socket type plug and two (2) 12-volt USB power port located in the center counsel of the truck.
9. There shall be a power inverter mounted in the cab capable of allowing the charging of box style flashlights as well as for charging of batteries for battery-powered equipment.
10. The manufacturer shall offer various pricing for motors ranging between 330 and 450 horsepower, all of which shall have a five year and / or 100,000-mile warranty.
11. The truck shall be equipped with an anti-lock airbrake system.
12. The truck shall be equipped with an engine braking system with switch mounted on the dash, which shall select the strength of the engine braking system “e.g. high, medium, low, or off”
13. There shall be equipped with automatic dropdown tire chains controlled by a switch mounted on the dash.
14. The front bumper of the truck shall be extended a minimum of 18”-24” and have a storage well in it with a metal cover for the bumper line.
15. There shall be one (1) electro-mechanical siren mounted on top of the front bumper, one (1) electronic siren, with two (2) 100-watt speakers, as well as two (2) air horns flush mounted appropriately in the front bumper of the truck. Electro-mechanical switch on the officers’ side and activated by the horn ring on the drivers’ side. The air horns shall be activated by utilizing one of two (2) push buttons located on the dash/switch panel. One (1) located on the drivers' side and one (1) on the passenger/officers side.
16. The driver’s seat shall be a high back seat with air suspension.
17. The officer’s seat shall be a high back fixed SCBA seat.
18. The remaining seats shall be in the rear of the cab organized appropriately for the cab style. All seats shall be a high back fixed SCBA seat.
19. The SCBA seats shall have an SCBA holding system that allows the user to adjust for different styles and models of SCBA’s. It shall hold the cylinder vertically and allow for quick release with one hand.
20. There shall be a color backup camera system installed, with a color screen mounted in the cab in a position that is easily seen by the driver. There shall be a camera mounted on the rear of the truck in a position that will not obstruct the general use of the truck or equipment.
21. The fire pump shall pump a minimum of 1500 GPM, with the controls located on the drivers side of the vehicle.
22. There shall be a poly water tank with a capacity of 1,500-2,000 gallons of water. The tank shall be completely removable without dismantling the apparatus. The tank shall have a lifetime warranty.
23. There shall be a foam system capable of running Class-A Foam.
24. The foam tank shall have a minimum capacity of 30 gallons.
25. The apparatus pump shall be equipped with an electric pressure governor.
26. There shall be an intake relief valve on the left side of the pump.
27. There shall be one (1) externally mounted radio speaker mounted near the pump panel.
28. There shall be two (2) 6” diameter suction ports on the apparatus. One (1) shall be on the drivers side of the pump panel, and one (1) shall be on the officer’s side of the pump panel.
29. There shall be five (5) 2.5” discharges with push/ pull actuating handles, all terminating in NST threads located in the following locations a. Three (3) on the left-side pump panel b. One (1) on the right side of the apparatus c. One (1) on the right rear of the apparatus
30. There shall be a 3” discharge located on the right side of the pump.
31. There shall be a 2.5” discharge on the front bumper of the truck. It shall be remotely controlled with a push/pull actuating handle from the pump panel.
32. There shall be three (3) pre-connect cross-lay hose beds on the apparatus behind the cab. Two (2) shall be 1.5,” and one (1) shall be 2.5”. Two (2) of the compartments shall hold up to 250’ of 1.75” hose, and one (1) shall hold up to 300’ of 2.5” hose. The actuating valves shall be push/pull actuating handles operated from the pump panel. All threads shall be terminated in NST.
33. There shall be one (2) 2.5” auxiliary suction/tank fill. One (1) on each side of the pump.
34. There shall be one (1) 6” front suction, mounted as appropriate for the vehicles design.
35. There shall be one (1) fill connections from the rear of the truck. This fill connection shall be a 4” Storz connection.
36. There shall be a master pump drain easily accessible and clearly marked.
37. There shall be drains for each inlet or discharges and be accessible and clearly marked.
38. All valves shall be color-coded.
39. There shall be running board troughs on both sides of the apparatus mounted parallel with the pump. They shall be big enough to hold a minimum of 25 feet of 5” hose.
40. There shall be an air primer provided and installed.
41. There shall be a 10” square manual swivel dump with a 36” extension mounted on the rear of the truck.
42. There shall be an air horn push button switch on the pump panel.
43. The hose bed shall bed covered with an aluminum diamond plate cover.
44. All compartments shall have high side compartment doors.
45. There shall be LED lighting in all the compartments.
46. The hose bed shall have an aluminum floor and three (3) dividers that are fully adjustable
47. There shall be a foldable ladder on the rear of the apparatus to allow for easy access to the hose bed.
48. There shall be a minimum of four (4) SCBA bottle compartments located in the fender wells of the apparatus body. Two (2) on each side.
49. “The vehicle shall be equipped with a 120-volt shore-line, which terminates with a male connection. The shore-line connection shall be located on the drivers side and have an automatic eject feature, which is triggered by starting the vehicle.”
50. There shall be a compartment large enough for two (2) 10’ long, 6” diameter hard suction hoses that can be easily assessable from the rear of the apparatus.
51. There shall be a hydraulic lifting system capable of holding and lifting a portable 2,100 gallon folding tank.
52. There shall be LED work/scene lighting consisting of six (6) flush mounted lights on the body of the truck - two (2) on each side and two (2) on the rear. There shall also be a minimum of one (1) brow light mounted on the roof of the body to the front of the lightbar.
53. There shall be two (2) telescoping work/scene lights one (1) mounted on each side on the back of the cab in front of the pump panel.
54. There shall be NFPA compliant LED emergency lighting proving 360 degrees of emergency lighting.
55. There shall be one (1) LED arrow stick mounted on the rear of the body.
56. The cab shall be a solid red color.
57. “Bombardier” style lettering, Large “33” on the rear cab door. “Big Walnut” written on top of the rear cab, white with black trim “33” centered on the front bumper, large “33” on the rear of the truck.
58. There shall be a 6” stripe across the front and sides of the apparatus and a 1” stripe above and below it.
59. There shall be chevron striping covering as close to 100% of the rear of the body as possible.
60. There shall be two (2) folding wheel chocks.
61. The manufacturer shall provide training on the apparatus within seven (7) days of completion
62. Complete "Operation and Service" manuals shall be supplied with the completed apparatus, one (1) printed copy and one (1) CD. Service manual instructions shall include service, maintenance, and troubleshooting for major and minor components of the truck. The apparatus manufacturer shall supply part numbers for major components (i.e., Engine, Axles, Transmission, Pump, etc.). A table of contents, hydraulic, air brake, and overall apparatus wiring schematics shall be included.
63. The following warranties shall be supplied: a. The apparatus shall be warranted to be free from mechanical defects in workmanship for a period of one (1) year. The apparatus shall be covered for parts and labor costs associated with repairs for a period of one (1) year. b. Lifetime warranty on the frame. c. Seven (7) year warranty on paint. d. Ten (10) body structural warranty e. Ten (10) year cab structural warranty f. Manufacturers Warranties for all major components. g. Detailed warranty documents shall be included for complete coverage on each of these warranties.
64. All required equipment found in Chapter 5 NFPA 1901 2016 Edition under “Pumper Fire Apparattus” and shall be supplied by and included in the vendors bid package price. Specifically, this list of equipment can be found on pages 1901-23 & 1901-24, in sections 5.8 and ending with the conclusion section 5.9.4 #21.
65. Furthermore, all required equipment found in Chapter 7 NFPA 1901 2016 Edition under “Mobile Water Supply Fire Apparatus” and shall be supplied by and included in the vendors bid package price. Specifically, this list of equipment can be found on pages 1901-25 & 1901-26, in sections 7.1 and ending with the conclusion section 18.104.22.168.
66. Concerning the required equipment listed in #64 and #65, if any of the “minimally required equipment” is duplicated, the duplicated piece or amount of equipment may be disregarded, due to this vehicle only needing to be equipped with minimum amount of NFPA required equipment.
67. The above requirement shall not include SCBA’s, as these will be supplied by the requesting agency.
Stop by or call us today to order your house number sign. Just give us your name, contact number and the numerics of your address. The cost of the sign is only $12.
We are located at 4600 State Route 229, just east of Marengo